Staff Accountant – General Ledger
Job Type: Full Time
Location: 105 Sabine St, Houston, TX 77007, USA
The Human Resources Business Partner position at Carriage Services partners with designated business leaders across the US and serves as a trusted advisor in all areas of HR (talent management, employee relations, acquisitions, policy interpretation and compliance, coaching, and training) to support the growth of the business and Carriage’s Mission Statement and Five Guiding Principles.
· Provide day-to-day performance management and HR policy guidance to business leaders to address and resolve employee issues (including coaching, counseling, career development, and disciplinary actions). Assists leadership with the development of performance goals and action plans.
· Manage a variety of employee relations issues and conduct effective and objective investigations as needed to resolve potential conflicts, violations of policy, or workplace issues. This includes partnering with business leaders to proactively respond to employee-relations issues. Partners with the legal team as needed.
· Maintain in-depth knowledge of HR best practices and legal requirements/ regulations (federal, state, and local). Ensure the teams we support are informed of HR best practices and legislative changes.
· Formulate partnerships across the HR function and Houston Support Center. Establish and maintain relationships with key decision-makers in the business and use extensive business or function knowledge to drive the execution of HR programs.
- Responsible for the HR due diligence, integration and onboarding for acquisitions.
- Participate in developing human resource goals and objectives, recommends new approaches, to continually improve the level of support we provide to our businesses
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is required
- Minimum of five (5) years of previous human resources experience as a Generalist/Business Partner required
- HR Certifications preferred
· In-depth knowledge of employment law as well as moderate knowledge of a broad range of all other HR functions
· Strong communication skills with ability to communicate with all levels of the organization. Strong customer service skills required.
· Proven ability to influence and partner with leadership and individual contributor levels of the organization to achieve results.
· Ability to accurately assess others’ strengths and developmental needs; giving informative and constructive feedback in a manner that enhances others’ motivation.
· Some out-of-area and overnight travel expected.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Human Resources Employee Relations: 5 years (Required)
- One location